This Privacy Notice will explain what information we collect, how and why we collect it, who we share it with, how we keep it secure, and what rights you may have regarding that information.
Co-op Foundation is the data controller of the information we collect for ‘We are lonely, but not alone’. If you have any queries about how we use this data, get in touch using our online form or write to us at Co-op Foundation, 1 Angel Square, Manchester M60 0AG.
If you are not satisfied with how we respond to your concern, you have the right to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).
What data do we collect?
We only ask for personal information if we need it. Examples of the types of data we may collect are:
- Identity data, including your first name and last name
- Contact data, such as your address, email address and telephone numbers
- Technical data, including internet protocol (IP) addresses, which are temporarily stored as part of our server logs. Other things like browser types and technologies may also be collected by Google Analytics
- Usage data, including information about how you use our website.
How do we collect data?
- Personal interactions – when you communicate directly with us through the email link on this website.
- Technical interactions – we may automatically collect technical data about your equipment or browsing actions when you use our website.
Why do we use your data?
We may use your personal data for the following reasons:
- To answer queries or provide you with information you’ve requested, and contact you.
- To improve our services or website, for example, by using cookies.
Who do we share your data with?
We will only share your information outside Co-op Foundation if:
- We have your permission
- We are required by law
- We need to protect the Co-op Foundation, for example, in cases of suspected fraud or defamation
How do we keep your data secure?
We have security measures in place to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. Only Co-op Foundation colleagues and contractors with a business-need-to-know will have access to your data. All such people are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
If we suspect there has been a personal data breach, we will notify you and any applicable regulator where we are legally required to do so.
How long do we keep your data?
We only store data for as long as necessary for the purpose of your interaction, unless you have agreed otherwise.
What rights do you have regarding your data?
Your personal data is protected by legal rights. You can:
- Ask for a copy of your personal data that we hold
- Ask for your personal data to be erased
- Ask that we stop processing your personal data
- If our processing of your personal data relies on your consent, you also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time and the right to ask for your personal data to be transferred to another organisation.
The technical bits – cookies and third-party links
- remembering settings, so you don’t have to keep re-entering them whenever you visit a new page
- measuring how you use the website so we can make sure it works for you.
Cookies we collect are:
- Strictly necessary cookies: these cookies are necessary for the website to function. If they are disabled our site won’t work.
- Performance cookies: these cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve the performance of our site
- Functionality cookies: these cookies allow us to remember choices you may have made on our site.
Third party links
This website may include links to third party sites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. It is your responsibility to check the other websites to find out how your information and data will be treated. We do not control these third party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements.
By reading this policy notice and using our website you consent to the use, transfer and disclosure of your information and data referred to in this policy notice for the purposes set out in this policy notice.
Updates to this notice
We regularly review and, if appropriate, update this privacy notice from time to time.